Do you want to get out and play more often on Stanford’s fabulous golf course? Work on your game in a supportive environment? Have fun with new friends?
WHEN WE PLAY: The Stanford Women’s 9-Hole Section plays early every Thursday morning on the back nine. Our group is...
- Welcoming to all levels! Our members span the full range of handicaps and skills.
- Fast and hassle-free! No tee-time reservations or partner worries. Start early, finish early, and get on with your busy day!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE: Women who are members of the Stanford Golf Course or who (by virtue of their Stanford-issued ID or alumni status) have Golf Course "daily fee" constituent status may join the 9-Hole Women's Section. This includes:
- Stanford alumnae who are members of the Stanford Alumni Association (non-alumni spouses are not eligible)
- Current or retired full-time Stanford faculty, staff or spouse,
- Stanford graduate students.
2023 DUES: 9-Hole Section dues are $70, which includes GHIN (handicap system) fees to NCGA (Northern California Golf Association), as well as dues to WNHGA (Women's Nine Hole Golf Association), which hosts our inter-club events). Social Member dues are $25 per year. Annual payment is due to the Treasurer by Nov. 1st or when joining for the first time.
PROCEDURE FOR NEW MEMBERS: The Captain is responsible for validating a prospective member's eligibility to join the Stanford Nine Hole Section. The Membership Chair will invite the new member to play and familiarizes the new member with our events and processes. When the Treasurer receives the new member's dues, she will notify the Captain, Handicap, Membership, and Social Chairs.
Please send us your name and email and we'll get back with you to verify your eligibility and to arrange for a "welcoming round" with the Stanford 9 hole players. It's a no-commit way to give it a try and decide if the Women's 9 Hole Section is a good fit before joining.