Here is the latest (and I hope final!) GHIN information:
I recently attended the Annual Captain's meeting where matters on the new GHINS was clarified for the most part. So here is what is happening:
1. If you have an 18 hole GHIN already you need to cancel it. Everyone with a 9 hole GHIN will be issued a new 18 hold GHIN next year (we think by April) and you can have only ONE 18 hole GHIN. So that is that.
2. If you know of anyone who wants to join they should do so THIS MONTH since we need our roster completed by Dec 31. This will be the roster handed in and those on it will have the new member $10 fee waived. If they wait until next year they will pay this $10 fee. This only applies to NEW members.
3. At some point, when they have completed the issuance of the new GHINS ( don't ask, it is time consuming!!) we will each be billed $39 so please watch for Jan's email and pay promptly when it comes. We think around April.
4. Don't ask how they will compute our 9 hole handicaps, still have not heard.
5. Keep using your 9 hole number until you get the new 18 hole one. Then your 9 will die a quick and painless death.
Hopefully this is clear to all. But feel free to ask any questions.