Stanford 9-Hole Golf: January Update
Calendar of Special Events
Tue, Jan 30 Installation Luncheon
11:30 am, $30 per person
Cafe Pro Bono (private room)
2437 Birch Street, Palo Alto
Ellen Barton & Diane Ciesinski
Have fun out there!
CONGRATULATIONS TO SUE BRODBECK
Please join me in congratulating Sue Brodbeck as our "Most Improved Golfer" for 2017.
She started out great and got even better! Sue now has the lowest handicap of anyone in our entire group.
Here is the latest (and I hope final!) GHIN information:
I recently attended the Annual Captain's meeting where matters on the new GHINS was clarified for the most part. So here is what is happening:
1. If you have an 18 hole GHIN already you need to cancel it. Everyone with a 9 hole GHIN will be issued a new 18 hold GHIN next year (we think by April) and you can have only ONE 18 hole GHIN. So that is that.
2. If you know of anyone who wants to join they should do so THIS MONTH since we need our roster completed by Dec 31. This will be the roster handed in and those on it will have the new member $10 fee waived. If they wait until next year they will pay this $10 fee. This only applies to NEW members.
3. At some point, when they have completed the issuance of the new GHINS ( don't ask, it is time consuming!!) we will each be billed $39 so please watch for Jan's email and pay promptly when it comes. We think around April.
4. Don't ask how they will compute our 9 hole handicaps, still have not heard.
5. Keep using your 9 hole number until you get the new 18 hole one. Then your 9 will die a quick and painless death.
Hopefully this is clear to all. But feel free to ask any questions.
Some 30 members and SO's gathered at Beth and Ron Lyon's home for a delightful holiday party last Sunday. Thank you to our gracious hosts, to the awesome Social Committee (Ellen, Diane, Joan), to Tom Barton for leading the a capella carol sing, and to everyone who brought delicious eats and left the place spotless. (And Michelle Tsui shared her much requested recipe for Chocolate Carmel Twists here.) A grand and fun success!
Winners of the Partnership Eclectic tournament were announced:
Finally a special event was saying goodbye to our dear member Clare Glynn, who is retiring and moving to a golfing community in southwest Florida. The photo below shows Clare coveting her new "tree" club head cover, our gift to reminder her that she is loved by a bunch of golfing buddies back at Stanford. Good luck in your new life, Clare -- we will miss you!